[IP] Re: celiac and diabetes

celiac sprue:
Diabetes and Celiac Sprue are both auto-immune diseases. When I was first
diagnosed with CS, it was believed to be 1) rare, 2) more prevalent among
diabetics, 3) likely to occur in children, perhaps to be outgrown, similar
to lactose-intolerance. Now, estimates suggest as many as 1 in 700 to 1,000
have it, significantly more common than type 1 DM, and never to be outgrown.
Personally, I have a hard time with the gluten-free carb substitutes. I am
pretty sensitive to a load of carbohydrates, both immediately (higher bgs
for up to 24 hours) and long-term - weight-gain. I use rice, a bit of corn
(though I have absorption problems with kernals so use polenta and corn
meal, and some beans.
Good luck.