[IP] Re: problems with Minimed pumps

> Hi Kathy,

Glad you are enjoying your disetronic pump.  Just for what it's worth, I've had the Minimed 508 since Jan 10, with absolutely no pump malfunctions.  I suspect that there are many others on this list with a similar experience.  (probably good to remember that the Minimed pumpers outnumber the Dis. pumpers on the list by about a 4 to 1 margin, so you'll hear statistically more complaints from the Minimed people...).

Just like the TV news or our newspapers--people don't usually report when things are working just fine!

Anyway, for those who are deciding between the two, my impression is that both are extremely reliable.

Take care.