Subject: [IP] Basals for Summer, age 10 1/2

5"2 and 104 pounds at 10 years old?  Summer's not on the EDGE of puberty,
she's in the thick of it!  Our endo told us that puberty insulin
requirements would be 50%-100% higher than pre-puberty needs.  Holly's total
of 22.2 units/day of basal (at least that's what I added up) is almost
exactly double Jenna's truly pre-puberty 11.3 units/day of basal - so sounds
like just what my endo predicted.

<<Summer's endo. says she's not on too much insulin, tho I feel she is.  She
totals around 50 units a day, sometimes higher. .  She is 5ft2in and weighs
104 (size 9 woman's
shoe).  wondering if it
could be a edge of puberty thing; always hungry.  Six months ago she was on
just 30 units total a day.  Holly>>