At 05:50 AM 4/16/00 email @ redacted wrote:
 >gosh i have heard so many problems with the mini med pumps over the past
 >three weeks or so i am glad that my daughter has disetronic pumps. so far
 >has not had any problems with them and we have only had to change each
 >battery just once since jan 6 this yr.

I don't believe that MiniMed pumps have a higher percentage of problems.
Because over 80% of U.S. pumpers are on the MiniMed, you will see over 5
times more problems listed, just because of the sheer weight of numbers.
Although there was an initial rash of minor glitches with the new MiniMed
508 pumps, when they were first introduced last year... MiniMed has taken
care of this.

Remember that those people who don't have any problems don't post about
them. I've had my MiniMed  for 2 years without a single problem and I'm
sure that there are many others. Both Disetronic and Minimed produce
reliable, quality pumps.