[IP] Prinivil-preventative med?

Dialysis is awful. I uaed to do Dialysis neurology for the local regional
dialysis center and the patients were so sick and so unhappy. Some of them
were young and had their kidney failure secondary to D. I was upset that
that fate might befall me. I had some mild hypertension and went on
Enalapril (Vasotec) a cousin of Prinavil. I too have been obsessing about
my kidney function and have been taking Accupril and having frequent kidney
function tests. The ACE inhibitors do protect to some degree against renal
failure. Good control and control of high blood pressure does protect the
kidney function. I told my nephrologist that I'd never want dialysis. He
was a classmate of mine in medical school so he didn't dismiss my statement
off handedly.
A Bender, M. D.