[IP] I read the "Medicare guidelines for pump coverage

Who said Medicare was smart or knew any medicine? Having interacted with
them on a daily basis for over 25 years as a physician I was always
impressed with their lack of knowledge and inflexible rules: "You can't
have an MRI (years ago) because it is "experimental" The intermediaries are
rewarded by HCFA for spending as little as possible. They are not
interested in the beneficiaries state of health. Type 2 diabetics probably
should be pumping. They would be on less insulin and avoid some of the
complications of taking big doses of daily insulin.
I don't know where the American Heart Association is on this or the ADA.
A Bender, M. D.