[IP] Prinivil-preventative med?

 I've been on Prinivil since January of this year...... My blood pressure
readings have been fine, but I'm taking it for the
 same reason you are - kidney protection.>>

Dear fellow pumpers,

Is it a common practice to give ace inhibitors to prevent diabetes
complications?  My dad has hypertension induced renal failure & is on
dialysis...he's so miserable.  My endo thinks I'm a little obsessed with my
kidney fx tests....I want my urine dipped for microalbumin every 3 months.
He thinks once a year is sufficient but complies with my requests.  My blood
pressure is edging up & ocular pressure is also increasing.  My Dad has
glaucoma and they believe I'm heading that way too.  Does anyone know if
Prinivil or the likes would help?
My father's renal Dr. was the one who encouraged me to test regularly for
microalbuminuria, because he said with ace inhibitors he has seen a reversal
and "cure" to renal failure if caught early enough.