Re: [IP] Help- pumpers

> He's not against me getting a pump but
> he said he doesn't know how he can justify
> someone in such good control ( last Ha1c
> 6.6) getting a pump.  I told him I was
> trying to avoid long term complications
> and even though my HA1C is good I still
> can go from 55-300 and back all in one
> day.
I read the "Medicare guidelines for pump coverage" and
had to stare in disbelief when I saw the "requirements"
for authorizing pump coverage.

To synopsize: "You must be exercising tight control but
be very bad at it."

Excuse me?  Who comes up with this?  Okay I can KIND OF
see the "leave well enough alone" approach being taken
here... but damn... If someone told ME that I was too
good at maintaining MDI control to be "worth" putting on
a pump, I'd sooner reduce my insulin intake and let my
A1C climb long enough to beat the system at its own
game, but I shouldn't HAVE to.

Argh... medical insurance... I just don't know

-Sara G.