Re: [IP] Help- pumpers

At 06:04 PM 4/14/00 -0500, Babs wrote:
 >I have been a well controled MDI for 35 years. <snip>  Is
 >there anyone out there who was in good control and got a pump and can help
 >me with some of the benefits?  I have no complications other that slight
 >high blood pressure.  I have no symptoms of lows.

I had a good AIC on MDI as well; but that isn't the same as good
control.  As you yourself mentioned, you can go from 30 to 400 several
times a day and still have a good AIC.

I'd say your main benefits from pumping would be more stable blood sugar
levels, fewer lows, fewer highs, and you might even regain your awareness
of lows.  Not feeling lows can pose a pretty serious health risk.