Re: [IP] Help- pumpers

In a message dated 4/14/00 6:03:46 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Is
 there anyone out there who was in good control and got a pump and can help
me with some of the benefits?  >>

Hi Babs

My A1c was 6.4 when I was approved for the pump. The pump gives me a lot more
flexibilty and my A1c has, in fact, been lowered with only about 4 hypos a
month instead of 4 a week. BGs are a lot smoother. It's almost like having a
functioning pancreas. People who already have a functioning pancreas don't
understand this. Your doc probably doesn't know anything about pumps, either,
and does not want to show his ignorance.