[IP] Help with April and other wishes

Hello all you IPer's,

Please read all sections about
Fund Raising
Your Pictures
Infusion Site Pictures
Physician Referrals

I want to thank all of the list members that contributed to the month
of March and made it a successful fund raising month instead of
being a disaster like February, and ask those of you who have not yet
contributed this year to open your hearts and your wallets for
Insulin Pumpers. Your support of Insulin Pumpers will enable us to
help additional kids and adults with diabetes by keeping this forum
on the internet healthy and solvent. IP is supported entirely by
donations and unless a pot of gold falls out of the sky, we must
raise money on a continuous basis to fund ongoing expenses for
mundane things like rent, phone, and internet access.

Please see the bar graph at the bottom of:

to see how IP is doing this month and prior months. Even a few
dollars will help. With almost 2300 list members if everyone sent a
dollar a month we'd be in great shape!!! To donate on-line, visit:

If you'd like to send a check by snail-mail, the address is there
too, or simply mail to:

Insulin Pumpers
4600 El Camino Real - Suite 206B
Los Altos, CA 94022

On another subject or two.....
I haven't asked in a while, so for all of you list members -- send me
your pictures. Pictures of your smiling - happy - pumper faces or
those of your kids (for you parents out there) will be added to your
profile in the MEMBERS ONLY area of the web site at:

Lots of members (including ALMOST all of our admins) have sent in
pictures. To put faces with the names, go have a look. Pictures can
be submitted via e-mail in most formats.... pcx, gif, jpg and so
on... OR -- mail prints to me at the IP address above.

While we are on the subject of pictures, send me pictures of your
infusion sites as well. I'm putting to together a pictorial essay of
where to install infusion sites, so any pictures are welcome. I can
edit out any XX rated stuff, so don't worry about that. All pictures
are anonymous and faces will be deleted if present.
All you PARENTS out there. Please send stories of how the pump has
changed the life of your child. There are over 200 kids on the list
and only a handful of stories about these marvelous pump successes.
A story about your child will bring hope to some other parent
searching the internet trying to help their own child with diabetes.
Besides, it's always nice to print them out and shove them in the
face of that person who said "Johnny is not old enough for a pump".
Grrrrrr........ makes me angry!
ALL PUMPERS -- there are almost 2300 of you now. The Pump Doc's list
has a measly 171 doctors on it!!!!! There can't be THAT much overlap
in physician care for all you good folks???? I bet there must be at
least 1000 docs represented by the pumpers on this mail list. PLEASE,
Please, please -- put your doc on the referral list -- you will
certainly help some future pumper looking for a friendly endo.

Very Best Regards,