[IP] Re: Animals and BGs

Animals have a very soothing effect.  I have a dog and when I am feeling stressed I find if
I give her a bath, cuddle with her, brush her, take her for a long walk, etc. my mood is
elevated and I feel so much better.  I went through a serious depression a number of years
ago, and it was my dog that got me out of bed everyday.  She went with me every where.  If
it wasn't for her I don't know if I'd be here today.

Just yesterday I woke up with a BG of 403.  I took an injection and went back to bed, woke
up at noon and the BG was 401.  I dragged for most of the day until I was able to get the
BGs back down.  My dog knew I was not feeling well.  At one point I laid on the floor with
her, she sniffed my breath and then kissed my hand.  She is a love!

I love my dog, she is my child.  I recommend getting one BUT only if you are willing to
commit to taking proper care of the dog.  Dogs are like children, they need lots of
attention and TLC.  The return on investment is well worth it!!

On 04/13/00 14:09:58 you wrote:
>Hello again!!  I am still Tom Alog and need some help.  It seems that everytime I visit my
daughter and her family (two grandsons), my humalog requirements reduce by 50% for periods
of up to a month and then it gradually (over 2 weeks) goes back up to nor
>mal.  This has been going on for over 2 years now, and being technically educated I have
narrowed it down to it happens only after I spen an evening in the chair sitting with my
oldest grandson's dalmation.  If I visit and don't go near the dog, nothing c
>hanges.  i am considering getting a dalmation of my own now.  I also feel much better when
my insulin requirements are half of usual.  Has anybody experienced anything like this??