[IP] Retinopathy?

Hey everyone, I was wondering if I could get your opinions/advice.  I've
noticed that lately my eyes have been feeling different than usual.  They
hurt all the time, almost like when you are so tired that your eyes are
overworked, you know what I'm talking about?  It hurts to keep my eyes open
but it is very hard to fall asleep b/c of the way it feels.  It's also a
little blurry when I'm looking at certain things.  This has never happened,
my vision is better than 20/20.  So this is something new.  Last year at my
doc's appt. he found a little spot, he said it may not be anything (I had an
episode of 500+ sugars for a week before the appointment due to a pump
malfunction; he said that may be the cause for the spot to have appeared,
and to come back in 6 mos. to recheck it).  I never made it to the other
appt., due to not having any insurance.  So I'm not sure what's causing
this.  I'm also on a lot of meds due to my foot surgery last week, and
that's about the time I noticed this happening in great amounts.  Could it
be the meds that are doing something funky to me?

What I want to know is...does this sound like neuropathy to you?  Those of
you with some neuropathy, is this how it started out for you?  If it
did...what is it like to get laser surgery?  Does it hurt?  Do your eyes
feel better afterward?  I don't know if I can take this feeling in my eyes

Please email me privately, or you can post it to the list if you want, if it
may help others.  Thanks so much!  Kelly