[IP] new insertion set

Well, we have finally decided on our pump for Riley: the Disetronics one!:O)  I just got off the phone with a rep who was also a user and a CDE-he was really good!  He told me something that I thought I'd share with everyone, especially parents of little ones like mine.  He said D has a new insertion set called the Ultra-set.  It's not out on the market yet, but will be by early summer.  He said it goes straight in, but it's smaller length inside and that is goes in slow or fast with very little discomfort.  He also said it will lay totally flush against the skin-no parts sticking up like all the other sets, it's supposed to be really great for young and old alike.  He tried to get
one, but they wouldn't give him one yet!:O)  I'm going to request one of these when we go in for the pump training-now that I finally made up my mind!  I must admit, it was b/t the Animas and the D-I just felt the D was a little more sturdy and child friendly?  Well, I feel better now that I've decided and I know that any pump will be a vast improvement in the life of my son and us!

Take Care,
Amy-mom to Tyler-7, Riley-almost 5 (dx'd 7-1-99 & pump in June!), Mason-2 1/2, Cailin Rose-13 mos