[IP] Sharing Dr. Joe's E-Mail - Why Tight Control

Dr. Joe had a great message today and I wanted to
share it.

Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 01:14:00 -0700
To:   email @ redacted
From: "Dr. Joe, The Diabetes Doctor"
<email @ redacted>  | Block address

Subject:     E-News 4/13/2000

No one will disagree with the concept that control
should be as tight as practical. The results of the
Diabetes Control and Complications Trial (DCCT)
indicated better than imagined results for all those
who used intensive therapy and good control. So what
are the problems? Why try?

Growth hormone crates resistance in youth and puberty
and contributes to retinopathy. Fluctuations in
bring fluctuations in growth hormone. Intensive
in the DCCT involved patients age 13 -- 17 and
       decreased new retinopathy 30 percent
       decreased progressive retinopathy 60 percent
       decreased microalbumin 35-45 percent
       improved nerve conduction
       improved cholesterol patterns
       prolonged the honeymoon phase

Our observations also include improved grades,
improved behavior at home and in school and improved
athletic participation and abilities.

Note that adolescents and children have an increased
incidence of diabetes 2. The results of the recent
British study (UKPDS) indicating the benefits of good
control should be applied to children.

And yet more tomorrow.

Dr. Joe, the Diabetes Doctor

Visit our web site at http://www.diabeteswell.com
Take a look at our E-News Archives on the web site.

with Subscribe as the subject.

Do You Yahoo!?