[IP] Lymphoma and Diabetes together

List members,

I need to call on your experience. When I was diagnosed with diabetes ten
years ago this month, I thought, "Well that's it... I know what cross I'm
going to have to bear." I've been managing my diabetes fairly well lately
-- bearing that cross rather admirably. Well, now I have a new cross to
bear. Two days ago I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. (Follicular
variety).  If anyone has experience with lymphoma, or any combination of
Diabetes and Cancer, I would like to hear from you. You may write to me
directly at <email @ redacted> -- I'm on the browser and don't always read
all the mail.

I had a CT scan this morning to determine whether the cancer has spread to
any other part of my lymphatic system. (I had surgery last Saturday to
remove a 2" x 1.5" x 1" lump from my armpit.) I see an oncologist tomorrow
to discuss the prognosis and the treatment options.

I encourage everyone to check their armpits for painless lumps. I just
happened across mine by chance. Even though I do monthly breast exams, I
don't typically check my armpits. I found the lump less than two weeks ago.

Mary Jean