Re: [IP] Eve on the Continuous Glucose Monitor

I wore the CBGM for three days in January.  She'll have to remember to
code in her boluses and meal times and exercise times, but it's as simple
as using a pump.  Be sure the doc gives you a shower pak to use for
bathing, as you can't detach from the monitor.  That was really the only
inconvenient thing.  The monitor is very much like wearing a pump, about
the same size and weight.  You'll also want to use the same glucometer
all the time, if you're currently using multiple meters, so that readings
are accurate.  It's a great test of how well your meter is working, too.
The charts provided after the testing are really interesting.

Good Luck. I think you'll find this a very interesting and enlightinening
test.  I had no idea I was going as low as the 50s at various times at

Jean P -
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!