[IP] Eve on the Continuous Glucose Monitor

Eve has had very inconsistent bg number the last few months, so her dr is
going to put her on the mm Continuous Glucose Monitor next week. We would
have done basal testing to find out why she is having problems, but most of
the trouble is on school days. We have tried to adjust her basals and
boluses, but haven't had much luck. It would be a nightmare to try to do
basal testing at school.

Both her dr and CDE have worn the monitor (both non-D), and told us how it
went. Eve's CDE tried an experiment with it, one day she ate 3 meals and the
next she just grazed. On the day that she ate 3 meals she could see the
spike in bg after the meals. On the day that she grazed her bg were more

I would like to know if there is anything I should know before she starts on
the monitor.

Anyone had a child on the monitor, if so how did it go? Any problems?

Any suggestions that would help while she is on the monitor?

Her CDE told us to have her put on EMLA on before our appt. on Tue.

Deborah mom to Eve 12.5
Dxed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99