[IP] Re: classification of our diabetic children

I was having problems with my daughter in school too; her grades were fairly
poor (C student) and the teacher, in December 99, mentioned the possibility
of leaving her back; she goes to a private scchool.  She spent a lot of time
out of the classroom treating highs and lows and missed a lot of classwork
and schoolwork.  In January 2000, Laura went on the pump.  Two weeks after
going on the pump her teacher asked us to come in for a parent/teacher
conference.  I expected the worst.

Her teacher said she never saw such a dramatic change (positive) in a
student.  All of Laura's grades are now As or Bs with the exception of one
C.  I attribute this to her more normal and steady BGs.  She gets tested
more often in school, but overall spends about 1/4 the time she use to in
the nurses office.  She is able to concentrate more also.  I feel we have
given her the tool to succeed with the pump.  Just my thoughts.  Maybe you
should consider it.

All the best to you.

Laura Lentini-Iaffaldano, New York
Mother of Laura, age 6, dxed 12/21/98