[IP] Bolusing For Proteins/Fats

I have been noticing some posts about bolusing for
proteins and fats in meals.  Many people in this list
have expressed they were told to NEVER do this.  While
that may be true, remember this list's favorite
saying: YMMV.  :-)

I guess what I am trying to say is simple: that "rule"
doesn't apply to everyone.  For example, my CDE has me
bolusing if I have 4 or more oz. of protein at a time
in one meal.  I do this because I was told that
approximately 58% of protein turns into carbohydrates.

For me, bolusing 1 unit (Humalog in my case) for every
28 grams of protein that I eat in a single meal has
not made me have any problems and it seems like I am
bolusing a more correct amount of insulin for the food
that I am eating.  Of course, some of you may not
react well to this type of regimin and some of you may
disagree with everything that I have just said.

In fact, the only reason why I am writing this is so
that I can reintarate what we all know - there are
many different regimins out there, just like we all
are different people with different interests, hobbies
and needs for our diabetes.  After all, YMMV!  :-)

Pump hugs,

Melissa Collins
email @ redacted

To pump or not to pump, that is the question.....

Do You Yahoo!?