Re: [IP] Help, Please! (parents of toddlers)

When I started on MDI, my doc had me do several
injections of saline first to get used to sticking a
needle in myself.  They said they used saline ratherthan
regular water because regular water had a habbit of
stinging as it went in... well the SALINE STUNG TOO...
appearantly some people are sensitive to it, while most
aren't.  What basal rates of saline was the pump set
for?  If it's set on 0.1u/hr it'll deliver 0.1 units on
hour increments (not 0.1/60 u/min as would be even
cooler).  It could be that when he's saying "ouch"
that's the 0.1 step kicking in and striking a nerve or
somesuch. (SWAG)

-Sara G.

> I started out with saline and DID NOT use it very
long.  For me, every time
> would bolus (don't remember about the basal) it would
sting.  Ever get salt
> on
> an open cut or sore?
> I can think of one way to check if it's the saline but
Kenny might not like
> it.
> Suspend the delivery of the saline for a while and see
if he has a problem
> with
> the site.  Later give him a bolus of saline and see if
it hurts him.