Re: [IP] Re: Donation of Old Pump to another

> My immediate reaction was of course - look at the difference it made
> in my life, I want to pass that on to someone else.  Then I chatted
> with my CDE about it, and found out a little more - patient has no
> insurance, no coverage for supplies,either, etc, etc.  I justified
> that by thinking that detail is not my problem.   Then I started
> thinking about LIABILITY!!!  Who's responsible if the pump goes bad
> or breaks?

The pump should go back to MM for xfer of ownership, checkout and
short-term warranty. They have a fee for this I believe, but it is
not large. Then... it's not your problem. Anyway, it is a
prescription medical device -- can't go to anyone else without a
script which puts the doc on the hook, not you.