Re: [IP] Help, Please! (parents of toddlers)

> Kenny (age 3 ) got hooked up with saline last night.  We used the
> micro soft set.  He was doing fine, when all of a sudden he would
> stop what he was doing and say "ouch".  Then he would walk around
> kind of hunched over. After a while he would be fine again. This
> went on for a while.  I decided to see how he made it through the
> night with it. ( He didn't want me to take it out, yet.)  This
> morning he said that it hurt sometimes. He was ready to take it out
> , so I did.  I have no doubt that it did hurt him....he wasn't
> faking (as he sometimes likes to be dramatic)  My question
> is.....

A few use disetronic 6mm rapids, even bent needles (in butt or back),
most seem to use Sil/Tender/Comfort sets.

The SofSet style, even the short "Micros" go in straight and can
easily be too long for "little people". They go all the way through
the sub-cu fat layer into the muscle -- OUCH!

S/T/C sets can be put in very shallow -- 15 degrees or so -- as
needed for a small kid (or skinny adult).