[IP] SODA DEBATE

New twist on the same subject:

If we can all agree that alcohol, cocaine, Tylenol, heroin,
nicotine...change the way we THINK and FEEL when we ingest them, what makes
us think that ANYTHING we ingest doesn't change the way we think and feel.
This applies to synthetic sweeteners in diet beverages, preservatives in
most prepared foods...WE all know it applies to sugar!  PepsiCo, Coke,
Procter and Gamble, Phillip Morris, virtually any big corporation doesn't
care about the HEALTH of its consumers.  They care about profits...the
bottom line.  Sure a public debate on Oprah would draw attention to the
problem of getting a "regular" soda instead of a Diet soda,
but, we should be drinking WATER and organic sodas/juices.  There are people
who believe that eating anything made with bleached flour is tantamount to
eating poison because not only is the flour devoid of any nutrients, it has
been BLEACHED!  More refined foods change the way we think and the way we
feel!

People with diabetes thrive on foods that are more complex...closer to their
natural state...more "natural."  Everyone does.  No question: it's NOT
convenient.
But, neither is monitoring swinging BGs, or moods, or performance

DON'T DRINK THE ARTIFICIALLY SWEETENED SODA!  Don't drink any soda.
After withdrawal, you'll feel better...and O.K.: splurge on some of the
really good
(natural) stuff once in a while.