RE: [IP] Donation of Old Pump to another

and then George Lovelace <email @ redacted> wrote:

> My understanding is that Michael and an attorney have drafted the
> paperwork covering the legal liabilities of ownership and transfer
> and that "used pumps" may be donated to Insulin-Pumpers.org!  It
> may not be your local charity, but we all know that this is a good
> cause which could use your support!

This seems like a good way to go.  One thing to remember in the
United States, the pump may be sold only on the order of a physician
(i.e., it's a prescription item).  I don't know the process by which
this would work, but I think having that included in any legal documents
transferring ownership would have to include the physician's order.

Actually, I think donation to Insulin-Pumpers.org would is excellent.
Would that be a charitable donation for tax purposes?  How would the
declared value be established?

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent
those of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,
the United States Public Health Service or any other agency
of the United States government.