[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #97

In a message dated 4/13/2000 7:55:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< ember I am also restricted in types of carbs, since I have celiac sprue -
 I began to overeat what was available, >>
     I am a celiac sprue sufferer also.  I have often wondered how many
diabetics have a reaction to gluten.  I read a study saying there is a
correlation between diabetes and gluten intolerance.  I have been aware of my
allergy for about 20 years, but I did ignore the symptoms for many years till
I had a crisis of symptoms.  Now I try to eat free of gluten, but it is
difficult.  Gluten is hidden in so many foods.