Re: [IP] Question: 2 hr vs. 4 hr readings

Stacy,

I also have this happen to me. Humalog peaks at 2 hours and is gone at 4
hours. A large percentage of docs I have talked to think that Humalog is
gone from the system in 90 minutes. If I take a large enough bolus to give a
good 2 hour reading (i.e. under 180) then I will crash between hours 3 and
4. I was able to fix this problem (for myself only) by adjusting my morning
basals. I think it is important for your doctor to know how Humalog works
for you. If he or she doesn't listen I'd try to find another doctor.

David