[IP] Radioactive Iodine Therapy

The reason I am mentioning this is because awhile backmy old endo mentioned
beginning radioactive iodinetherapy.  How long does this treatment last?  How is
this treatment done?  Do you feel any different duringand after the treatment?
What effects did thistreatment have on your glucose levels?
Elissa was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism in (Grave's Disease) in 8th grade.  She was on PTU for close to 2 years with ineffective results.  After a lot of research we decided upon radioactive iodine (RAI).  Usually one dose is sufficient, and it's only a tablet that you swallow.  There are a few precautions you need to take for a few days...no close contact with another person, flush the toilet twice, a special container for your used strips, lancets, infusion sets.  There really are no side effects and you do not get immediate results.  It can take quite some some for the full effects, as the thyroid tissue is slowly dying.  In Elissa's case, it was almost 2 years and her synthyoid dose was increased accordingly.
Judy - Mom of Elissa, age 19, pumping 15 years