[IP] Re: esophagus spasms

I haven't been officially diagnosed but I get esophagus spasms
all the time - ever since I was a kid (seems to happen more when
I drink really, really cold drinks for some reason)! I didn't
know there was anything that could be done about it though, so
I've never gone to the dr for it. It is VERY annoying! People
always think I'm burping or something and shoot me nasty looks,
but it is a spasm, not a burp (just makes a hideous sound like
one LOL! It's sort of like a hiccup sound too.) Let me know if
the meds help. Perhaps I will pursue this now!

Robin said:
This is not really Diabetes related, BUT  has anyone on this list
ever been
diagnosed with esophagus spasms before?  I thought I was having
GERD, turns
out it is spasms. I'm not crazy about the treatment...with
meds. I guess it relaxes the esophagus.  Anyway, with all the
other GI
problems Diabetics seem to get I was hoping someone could
enlighten me and
tell me if any med has helped them?

Take care, Kerri, mom to Courtney-14, Kimberly-11, Shannon-9 (dx
w/type 1 diabetes 11/96, pumping 11/99), Jacob-7, Kyle-5,
Matthew-3, & Ashley-1 in WA
"It is well to be good to women in the strength of our manhood
because we must sit under their hands at both ends of our lives."
He Dog, Oglala Lakota, c.1900