[IP] Question: 2 hr vs. 4 hr readings

My old CDE looked at my bgs and went by my 4 hour readings (re: control) b/c Humalog peaks at 2 hours and is done at 4 hours.

example:  at 9:20 I ate 32 g carbs and bolused 2.0 units Humalog.  at 11:20 I was 192, at 1:02, I was 125.
This was the only food I ate and the only bolus I gave.

My new CDE looks at my bgs going by my 2 hr readings, and is making adjustments to my bolus ratio based on these.  What I am worried about is the unused insulin rule.  Won't I start crashing by changing my bolus from 15:1 to 10:1, particularly in hrs. 3 & 4?

Any suggestions?

Stacy Latocha