[IP] mechanics story

> Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:11:25 EDT
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: RE: [IP] carb counting
> I don't buy your mechanic theory either. When I bought my car, it came
> with an owners manual. The first day I had the car, I read the manual.
> is nothing a mechanic can tell me that isn't in that manual concerning
> routine maintenance. If it breaks, I take it to dealership because it is
> under warranty. I find blind trust in anything or anyone can be very
> dangerous.

Ahhhhh, but do you buy the classical music theory???? Hey, can you put
sleeves in a dress without puckers??? There are plenty of manuals out there
for you to already know.

It appears to this ol' lady that email @ redacted has some kind of *mad*
on. He/she can't even sign a name but can sure dish it out. If we were all
alike, what temperament would we ALL be? Viva la difference! It doesn't
sound too much like *Poster* can accept anything/theory/view/perspective
outside his/her own limited insight (no plural used since there apears to be
only ONE insight). When an *accepted* treatment has been around for about 4
decades and many doctors are not even up on it yet, how can one know they
should find out? In '50 at my dx the DM diet was just changing from
percentages to exchanges. So the exchange system has been around and
accepted for a long time. Now it is changing to carb counting.

There is only so much dwelling one wants to spend on oneself. I site my own
family who thinks I'm self-centered in taking care of my DM and ignores me.
I can't tell them to get educated - they don't want to hear about it. It
tears me up. I could completely rid myself of all DM-related stuff and have
a relationship, or take care of myself and lose their involvement with me.
They have no interest in someone with a malady. Am I being judgmental of
you? Look in the mirror.
Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)