[IP] still in the honeymoon phase

Has anyone gone on the pump who still had some native insulin production left?  What sort of basals did you start off with?
What has your experience been?

I was diagnosed with Type-1 two and a half years ago. My last c-peptide was .40.  My control has been excellent and pretty easy.  I wanted the flexibility of the pump and I want it in place when my own functioning finally drops out completely.

As a result, my main concern about the pump is about getting too many lows.  We're planning on starting off very conservatively (.1, .2 basals) and then titrating up from there.  The goal is to not ask my own pancreas to do much work at all.