Fwd: [IP] carb counting (was not eating--just 'cause)

In a message dated 4/12/00 11:10:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> e)
>
>  Are you bolusing for the protein you are eating?
>  I was told anything over 3oz needed to be bolused for. Normally I take it
>  with a square wave since protein takes longer to digest.

I was also instructed to bolus for protein over 3oz.  For this I do a dual
wave. First for the carbs I am eating at the time of the meal and the square
part for the protein using 1 unit for every additional 3oz I eat at that
meal. I set the duration for 4 hours.  I use a 1-15 ratio at dinner.   I am
fine 2hrs after the meal but notice a high 6 hrs later-2 hours after the
square wave part is over.  Not working!  I guess I have to set for a longer
duration??? No luck for accounting for fat in a meal either

Kathie

-- BEGIN included message

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2651.75">
<TITLE>RE: [IP] carb counting (was not eating--just 'cause)</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Hi Sherry,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>I'm somewhat new to the pump (hooked up 3/2000), and have tried several unsuccessful attempts with the Square Wave &amp; Dual Wave features. What kind of duration do you generally&nbsp; use?&nbsp; What food's are definite Square Wave? (I tried Mexican, or anything with rice) Do you increase the Bolus from the regular ratio? (I take 1:15 for dinner)</FONT></P>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: RE: [IP] carb counting (was not eating--just 'cause)</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Are you bolusing for the protein you are eating?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>I was told anything over 3oz needed to be bolused for. Normally I take it</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>with a square wave since protein takes longer to digest.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>-- Sherry</FONT>