Re: [IP] the wrong soda

I think it's overboard, BUT merely because the focus is too limited!

Allison Rogers wrote:

> Maybe this is overboard, but.....
> I just sent a message to The Oprah Winfrey show about the whole subject.
> We'll see.
> Allison
> Mom to JayJay
> born 2/13/98, dx'd 1/31/99
> ...sweet as ever

I also find it amazing how, for what I perceive, people going after changes
related to diabetes tend to be parents, family members and S.O.s of the
person with diabetes.

I have volunteered for a couple of things (bike ride for 1) and don't
remember meeting anyone else who had diabetes - wonder why that is!

Or the volunteer recognition lunch (for a diabetes organization) where a
speaker had another commitment, so they postponed lunch for 20 minutes....
Think there were 6 of us "ready for lunch"....... the rolls sure

I have heard more than a couple people say that they are unwilling to share
when they are having problems (with the diabetes). Even on this list!!!

The general feedback - I felt "attacked" when I brought the subject up.
Might WE (myself included) somtimes want to "shoot the messenger" for
forcing us to look at something that we are unable to deal with......  Quick
fix and heaven forbid if we really need to deal with it?

With cancer (60's) and AIDS (80's) people finally got to the point of having
"nothing left to loose" and amazingly things started to change......

Allison, what is Oprah Winfrey's address (email?)?????????

I'm willing to be there (if only in the audience) - discussing the emotional
trauma of living with DM - a "simple" dis-ease" that wouldn't be so bad if
we "just took care of ourselves".   I think it would be a very "dynamic"
show and probably "too loaded" to be done........

Need a messenger?, I for 1 volunteer......

Jim S.