Re: [IP] carb counting

One of the most important lessons I learned in treating my diabetes (30 + years) is that I am responsible for myself. I can't depend on anyone else no matter what their credentials. I live in a city that is noted for its medical complex and high level of medica personnel available. However, I struggled for years going to these doctors and until I took responsibility for my care, I never had good control. There are bookstores, online for those who live in rural communities. All you have to do is search for diabetic related materials and there is a plethora of books availaable. Then one must find the regimen that works for him/her. I am not highly educated or intellectual, but when it comes to my well-being, I can become very smart. Reading "Pumping Insulin: Everything You Need to Know to Use and Insulin Pump Successfully," gave me more useful information than any of the doctors I had seen. I actually learned many things that my doctor and diabetes educator failed to ever mentio!
n. Since reading the book, I have had much better control. Don't be afraid to be responsible for yourself.