[IP] Fighting insurance co.

If you are lucky enough to be able to pay first, why don't you change your forms to not assign benefits to your doctor, pay out of pocket, and get reimbursed by your insurance.  I think I noticed you mentioned money wasn't the issue.  That way, the doctor isn't getting paid twice.

Also, believe it or not, if you involve your insurance company, they can help you get your double payment back.  I have done more than one three way call with my insurance carrier and the dorks (sorry dr office employees, but, sometimes...) in the doctors office to clarify that yes they DO need to refund my money as they have cashed the assigned benefits check from the insurance company.

Both options stink, but you can get your money back Ginny.  Start being a squeaky wheel!!!

Stacy Latocha