[IP] new pumps and cats

I started on my saline solution in the pump  training yesterday...when I was in the bathroom last night, with the tube dangling a bit, my cats were very interested

I was worried about if they would take a quick bite?  or maybe when jump in my lap their claws would put a small puncture hole in the tubing.... would I be able to tell?

has this happended to anyone?  could I tell if tubing got a small hole?

I have three cats that like to be attached to me at all times!

ps I named my pump charlie - because that is what he said his name was!