[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #88

pregnancy and diabetes:

i am 35 weeks pregnant with my first baby.  I have been type 1 for 28 years, my
brother, father and grandfather are type 1 as well.  the doctor has said that i
have about a 3% chance of having a child with diabetes.  i would like to hear
how the actual delivery went for others when they take the pump off and use a
glucose and insulin iv for the blood sugars.  i will be induced at 38 weeks.  i
have also heard that you don't need insulin during delivery and up to 24 hours
afterwards.  also how much did others have to drop their basals post pregnancy,
i was planning on trying a 50% temporary basal rate and see how that worked.
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please