[IP] Pump and rough sports

I am a diabetes educator who has a high school student age patient who I
would like to get on the pump, but he plays basketball, football and
baseball (pretty hard).... I think he'd do great on the pump, but he's
afraid that 1)the infusion sites would always get torn up from his sliding
into bases, getting bumped during football / basketball.... and having to
deal with frequent disconnects during the games.
What kind of guidance can you give me?
Thank you for your input.