[IP] Percentages of having diabetic children

Hi, I'm sorry, I can't remember who wrote about what the actual percentages
are of having a diabetic child if they are diabetic (I deleted the digest)
but they had mentioned 1%-2%.  I recently read a book about women with
diabetes during one of PMS-induced "Oh my god, what if I'm never able to
have children?  What if my body can't take it?  What if I pass it on to
them?" fits!!  I read this book to find out any information on percentages,
etc. and I read the same figure- 1-2%.  I cannot remember the name of the
book but it was relatively recent, not written in the late 70s like some of
the books on diabetes I see on the shelves at Barnes and Noble!!  Kelly