[IP] HELP! Ped. Endo in Austin/Houston/Dallas Areas?

Hi Everyone,

A friend of mine in Austin, TX is trying to help a neighbor who has an 11yo
son who would like to go on a pump. Their current endo in Austin insists
that the boy write down everything he eats for 3 months before even
considering whether or not he can get a pump. (Is this usual? I'm not sure
*I* could manage that.)

My friend has already been to the IP site and gotten the name of one doctor
on the IP list who is in Houston (the family is willing to travel to see an
endo). She'd like to have a few more names to give this woman, who
apparently doesn't have internet access. Also, a question from me: Is there
anyone in the Austin area who'd be willing to give this woman a call to
discuss pumping, etc.?

My friend is just a neighbor of this 11yo, but she really likes him and it
breaks her heart to hear what a rough time he's having (6 shots a day
sometimes, running high lately, etc.)

Thanks so much for any help you can give.

(Type I, 27 years, D. pumper since 10/95)