[IP] Re: infected sites and IV preps ?? check

Fair enough! I checked! The IV preps also have triclosan in them,
which is an antibacterial (just like in Dial liquid soap and
other soaps like it. It's also in the hand cleaning gels I use.)

Charles said:
I.V. preps only active ingredient is only 70% Isopropyl Alcohol.
It is only
an antiseptic wipe.  The Inactive ingredients  are listed on the
These other ingredients do make the skin sticky and this helps
the tapes
stick better.  Regular inexpensive 70%  I P alcohol wipes have
the same
antiseptic skin cleaning power.  Hibiclens made by Zeneca is used
in many
hospitals as a more powerful antiseptic cleaner, but it still
will not a
sterilize the skin.  I use I.V.preps some but they are sure
expensive for
that little extra adhesive.

Take care, Kerri, mom to Courtney-14, Kimberly-11, Shannon-9 (dx
w/type 1 diabetes 11/96, pumping 11/99), Jacob-7, Kyle-5,
Matthew-3, & Ashley-1 in WA
"It is well to be good to women in the strength of our manhood
because we must sit under their hands at both ends of our lives."
He Dog, Oglala Lakota, c.1900