[IP] Re: not eating - just cause

At 01:56 PM 04/10/2000 , you wrote:
>The "pre-pump" mindset is makingme loe my mind!  Paddy is up(just at 11:25
>am) and not hungry and not eating.
>I KNOW he is ok and this is a benefit, but I  keep having this nagging
>feeling I am going to have to pick him up with a spatula.
>Weird, the adjustments we have to make mentally, isn't it?
>Charisma :)

Our CDE explained to me that starting on the pump, is like learning about
diabetes all over again.  It is so hard to give up the notions we had using
shots.....especially dealing with NPH insulin and it's
unpredicatability.   We're also now being able to really see how they are
reacting to different foods....never knew that bananas shot his blood sugar
through the roof.  Now we see the results almost instantly.  I would never
think of allowing Anthony to go to bed at night with blood sugar under
100.  Now after nearly two months, and days that his blood glucose levels
are always under 140 (at the max), we're finally able to take a deep breath
and relax.

We'd never go back to shots again.

mother of Anthony, 11, dx 9-22-95, MM508 since 2-17-2000