Re: [IP] fighting insurance/credit rating

At 01:06 PM 4/10/00 -0500, you wrote:
 >In the meantime of course, our account at the
 >clinic is getting quite overdue (the eye surgery was back in Aug) and I
 >am afraid that it is starting to show up in our credit reports.

Boy, do I feel for you, Laura.

Just so you know, I've heard from some people who work in the credit
industry that because insurance companies take so long to pay claims these
days, creditors tend to disregard defaults on medical bills.  I can't say
for sure that this is always true, but I trust the people who told me this.

I've also had medical bills go unpaid for as long as a year and it hasn't
hurt my credit rating.