[IP] cataract surgery

> I did not have my pump when I had cataract surgery but you will not be
> under generan anesthesia and you should insist that you keep your pump
> on.  You may have to lower your basals and let your fasting BS be a
> little higher to be on the safe side.

I had my pump for both cataract surgeries and ptosis repairs (4 surgeries).
I thought the ptosis should be eyesis since it had nothing to do with my
toes (tee hee). But I had general anesthesia for all 4. They didn't like it,
but the first ophthalmalogist was very compassionate and understanding (had
been rejected by 4 other eyeologists). I have an extremely sensitive system
and just cannot handle working on my face or touching my back. Sorry, them's
facts! The eyeologist who did the ptosis (droopy lids) repairs wanted me
awake to open and close, but I could not do that. My eyelids do not match
and I don't want to go through it again. Hope when we meet it doesn't bother
you. I can see out from this side just fine now. ;)
Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)