[IP] Re: Alcohol

Hey Laura,

I to sometimes drink more than I am supposed to but I try to stick with beer
because I know how to cover it and it is predictable.  FOr every pint of
beer I give myself 2 units of insulin because of the sugars, but you also
have to remember that alcohol interacts with your insulin.  For some it
makes them go high and for others it makes them go low (that's me).  It just
takes time and practice to figure out what works best for you.  Now as a
diabetic drinking regularly is not a good idea, but you can also talk to
your doctor about it.  I flat out told my doctor that I drink beer at least
once a week and I really did not want to give that up.  He of course told me
not to drink at all but if I was going to, stick to beer because you can
cover it better.  Since every one is different please make sure you check
with your doctor before trying it on your own, but I thought the info might

D for 7 years
Pumping since 5/99

"But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is that
-From the immortal Tigger Song