[IP] staph?

Couple of people have writen and mentioned staph as a possible cause.
While I don't pick my nose(that was my first thought--oh my GOSH 2,000
people are gonna think I pick my nose!) I do hold my face quite close to the
whole process because of my vision.
So maybe I can be a bandito and tie a handkerchief around my face?  LOL
Also, how long does this staph stuff hang around?  Forever?  Cause my sis
was born and immediately got a TERRIBLE staph onfection, but she is 36 yrs
old so......
Charisma :)