[IP] losing weight without having low BG

Hi everyone,
I would like any suggestions on how to be on a diet, eating well balanced
meals and hopefully losing weight without having low BG.  It seems that I
get sabatoged sometimes by eating well, watching what and how much I am
eating and then having low BG and having to treat with a snack or something
to drink.
After work this afternoon, had a 37 BG and of course treated it but was not
hungry at all, so it was hard to do.  Maybe I need to change my carb ratio
or bolus rates.  Have been using temp basal rates when am at work most of
the time.  I am cashier at a grocery store and sometimes get busy and my BG
gets low.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.