Re: [IP] Shocking news! Need some advice

On Sat, 8 Apr 2000 email @ redacted wrote:

> with her diagnosis 7 years ago, but it is a little different with a guy.
My > brother is also nervous about his job now.  He drives a front end
loader and > he is afraid he won't be able to do that any more. > Sorry
this is so long.  Any suggestions would help a lot. > Thanks, > - Kerri >

Rember, Kerri.... education is the key.

He must learn about diabetes and glucose (food) and insulin will affect
him. What his limits are... etc... when that process has gone on for a
few months, he will be more confident. I hate to sound like a broken
record, but our friendly Pumping Insulin covers all the basics in
laymen's terms very well -- getting into the details of all the why's and
wherefore's -- he may not be a pumper (at least not now), but the
information is applicable to anyone with diabetes.