[IP] Re: Illness $ Injections Help!!!!

Ok list here I am asking for your help as I have no doctor or CDE here to
help me.Ryan started not feeling well Thurs. night Friday he did not go to
school. He has a really stuffed up nose so it is a cold.Anyway numbers were
higher than normal but not too bad. But through the night he started really
climbing and had to bolus a couple times through the night.Saturday it was
time for a site and cartridge change did that and hoped that would get rid
of the highs  WRONG. We would test and  bolus test and bolus on and on. He
would come down a little then go high again.Finally when he hit a blood
sugar of 27 can. or 486 in us numbers I got out a needle and gave him 5
units. I though if he really drops then it must be the set right even though
we just changed it. He was not impressed to see me coming with a needle he
thought those were a thing of the past.Anyway I am making this so long and
my question is when do you know if it is the set should I have just changed
it anyway I just hate to waist them.I was thinking as long as his numbers
came down the set was working and he had no Ketones through all of this So I
assumed it was illness sending sugars so high.So do you go by that if the
numbers do drop the set is working but if they just keep going higher the
set is no good and needs to be changed????? Sorry if it is long I just was
at the point of not knowing what to do and I hate that feeling. Thanks for
your help.
Lori Ryans mom